The Foundation strongly supports our open spaces and the special quality of life they afford our community and it's visitors.
To these ends we are:
- Developing the "Swan River Nature Trail" for residents & visitors alike. Our efforts include:
- Trail development and maintenance
- Trial Signs
- Brush clearing to reduce fire hazards
- Security gates
- Sanitation facilities for the trail's two and four legged users.
- Participating in & providing financial support to the "Bigfork Land Use Advisory Committee" whose task is to update the Bigfork Land Ise Master Plan section of our County's Master Land Use Plan.
- Formed the Swan River Corridor committee with other concerned citizens & organizations. Our collective goal is to purchase and protect the two miles of pristine Swan River shoreline and surrounding land leading to downtown Bigfork.
In 2003, the Swan River Corridor Committee secured a nine year first right of refusal contract with PacifiCorp who currently owns the land. When PacifiCorp decides to sell it's land, the Foundation will have the first opportunity to purchase the property. We also negotiated a 50 year easement for the Swan River Nature Trail.